Jamaica Travel Tips
6 bedroom 6 bath
$1,179–$3,000 / night
Lolita at Tryall
5 bedroom 5 bath
$1,299–$3,247 / night
Makana on the Beach
6 bedroom 6.5 bath
$1,857–$3,715 / night
There are two major International airports in Jamaica with non-stop flights from many US cities; Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston and Donald Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay. The airport in Montego Bay tends to cater more to tourists heading to Montego Bay, Ocho Rios, and Negril.
There is a third airport (Ian Fleming International Airport) in Jamaica as well. This airport is ten minutes from Ocho Rios, and it is designed to accommodate guests with their own private planes or chartered planes. With Customs and Immigration on site, this conveniently places villa vacationers within 20 minutes of our staffed waterfront villas in Ocho Rios.
MORE TRAVEL TIPS:
- Jamaica offers a variety of night life and entertainment ranging from laid-back beach bars to dance parties on the sand to city-style bars & nightclubs
- Don’t miss out on at least one meal that includes zesty Jamaican jerk chicken
- The area code in Jamaica is 876
- With one of the most varied climates in the Caribbean, Jamaican average temperatures at the coast range from 71°-88°
- USD widely accepted, but it’s wise to exchange a small amount into the Jamaican dollar for transactions with beach/roadside vendors. Be sure to ask which dollar unit is being quoted when making any purchase in Jamaica.
- Credit Cards are widely accepted at tourist friendly establishments.
- We advise against car rentals in Jamaica. We are more than happy to arrange a van & driver to ensure hassle-free transportation on your vacation. More about transportation in Jamaica >